This web site is home to Mirfield Team Parish incorporating St. Mary's Mirfield, St. Paul's Eastthorpe, St. John's Upper Hopton and The Community Centre on Church Lane Mirfield.
For the love of God we strive for:
quality in worship and the service of others;
stewardship of the resources that are entrusted to us;
partnership, and harmonious relationships among ourselves and with the wider community.
Where we fail we ask forgiveness, dust ourselves down and strive anew.
Sunday 9:30 am
Wednesday 10:00 am
Sunday 11:15 am
Thursday 10:00 am
St. Mary’s and St. John’s are now OPEN FOR CONGREGATIONAL WORSHIP ON SUNDAYS AND MID WEEK.
Covid prevention measures similar to those followed last time we were open will be in force:
· Masks to be worn unless exempt. Please note, if plastic visors are worn, a face mask covering nose and mouth has to be worn as well.
· 2 metre distance maintained between household bubbles whilst seated and when moving.
· Track and Trace registration either through booking in advance, the QR phone code or the slips provided at the church
· Booking in advance is to be done for St. John's but we will try to work without advance booking at St. Mary's.
· Please follow any instructions as to where to sit given by stewards or on notices. One way systems or separate entrance and exit doors may be in use.
· Singing is done only by the choir.
· Meeting (chatting) between bubbles is not allowed in the building. Outside the building national/ local restrictions on meetings between bubbles apply, please check these.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our churches but would urge you to remember that although things are getting better at the moment the virus is still out there and caution needs to be the watchword for the foreseeable future.
Services are streamed on Facebook and YouTube when possible.
Promoting a safe church.
Christian communities should be places where all people feel welcomed respected and safe from abuse.
Our Church is committed to encouraging an environment where all people, and especially those who may be vulnerable for any reason, are able to worship and pursue their faith journey with encouragement and in safety. To this end we have adopted the House of Bishop’s Child Protection Policy “Protecting all God’s Children and their policy for safeguarding adults in the Church of England “Promoting a safe Church” as the basis for our own Church policy and practice document.A copy of these documents are in kept in our churches for inspection or can be found at the Church of England website (safeguarding) link given below.
If you have any concerns about any child or adults welfare please contact our Parish Safegaurding Officer Karen Batty on 01924 503547.
The Diocesan Safegaurding Advisers are:
Carla Darbyshire - [email protected], mobile 07399 809732
Jenny Leccardi - [email protected], mobile 07872 005189
Narinder Lyon - [email protected], mobile 07872 005309